Sunday, November 21, 2010

Week 1- Progress Report

Pounds lost: 4.8 pounds (since Wednesday as my scale batteries were dead earlier in the week)

Rooms cleaned/organized: 2 (plus clothes tubs and coat closet)
              girl's room
              garage
              clothes
              coat closet:  updates coming soon!

Exercise:  3 out of 7 days
               80 minutes total on the elliptical


I had a rough morning.  It was one of those mornings where nothing seems to go right and everyone gets irritable.  It put me in a depressing mood and all I wanted to do after church was take a nap; I was completely unmotivated.  It was frustrating because I felt so great yesterday and got so much done, to follow it up with a lazy unproductive day.  Although it's aggravating, it isn't surprising, because it is a normal reaction for me.  This is one of the reasons that I get myself organized and then let everything go.  Part of this project is to help me better understand myself and work through my self-inflicted obstacles.  So, I gave myself a little lazy time, ran a much needed errand, and then did a small productive project, the coat closet.  

I still feel a little disappointed with myself and wish I had made myself exercise, but I am trying to remember that baby steps are okay.  

So overall, this was a good week.  I feel like I accomplished a lot of cleaning/organizing, I started exercising, lost a few pounds, and even learned a little about myself.  I did have one setback, in my concentration on cleaning the garage and exercising, I let the downstairs of my house get out of control.  A little picking up and some laundry this evening has gotten it back to a manageable point.  I really struggle with the maintenance side of cleaning.  My dad once joked that I had to let my house get to a certain threshold of messiness before I could start cleaning up.  He isn't too far off.  

Goals for next week:
- exercise at least 4 days
- continue to eat healthier, cut snacking, and eat smaller portions
- try to maintain the cleanliness of the rooms I have already organized
- tackle the playroom, my car, and maybe the my bedroom

I also have a few new long term/ big goals that I am working on, stay tuned for more...

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work Amber...you are off to an inspiring start!

    ReplyDelete