Saturday, February 19, 2011

A 30 day Quality Time Challenge

As one whose identity is completely wrapped up in being a mom, my quest to be a better person means being a better mommy.  I know that I will never be a perfect mommy, and I doubt that any mom can honestly say they did a perfect job, but I also don't want to go to bed at night and realize that an entire day/week/month has gone by without any meaningful interactions with my child.  

I often have days when I am so overwhelmed with daily tasks (cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc) that I forget my kids need some undivided attention.  I am blessed with children that play very well on their own, and usually play well together, and a baby that is laid back and easy.  I do not want to take advantage of this blessing, and spend their entire childhood reorganizing the file cabinet and tagging JBF merchandise.  (Note:  As soon as my husband's new career path is more stable and lucrative, I vow to NEVER EVER under any circumstance sell clothes at a consignment sale again.  The sorting, hanging, tagging, organizing, dropping off of resale clothing is the bane of my existence. )

As a small step to becoming a better mommy, I am embarking on a 30 day challenge, starting Monday, to do something special with my kids each day.  I have a whole book of crafts/games/recipes that I have every intention of doing with my girls, but don't ever seem to accomplish.  It is time to open my book and do a fun activity with the kids and blog about it for accountability and to share some fun ideas.

Please feel free to join me in my quest.  I would love to hear your ideas and thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment